Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Rad Pox... Paradox

Blog post # 142:

Variations Otherwise


Downfall Of Loxodromes


-----------------------------

Super-duper anagram!

"Oh, science topples galaxies."
=
"Alas, logic pops existence, eh."

Is this anagram a sign that the universe as we know it is just an illusion? Will science or logic be able to "topple" our perceptions of reality?

I know this anagram is somewhat lame because of the appearance of the words "oh,", "eh", and even "alas" in it. But still, I find it interesting that our language would seem to align so as to allow this pair of related phrases to happen to be anagrams of each other.

-----------------------------

Another small anagram.

"Paradox"
=
"A rad pox"

("Rad" means cool {for those of you unfamiliar with 80's slang}, as in "RADical, man! Hey, dude, that's rad!")

-----------------------------

I am concerned that what I perceive to be reality is only an illusion.

Okay, I WANT all things to only be an illusion when it comes to mass-suffering, such as that suffering in, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan or Haiti or elsewhere. Wouldn't it be nice if the Neo-Nazi revisionists were correct, and the Holocaust didn't really happen? (And, oh yeah, the Neo-Nazis don't exist either!)

But... I want things to be real when it comes to small personal things in my life -- such as my cat, and my art, my friends and family. (I really don't want the truth of reality to be that I am still a virgin because I was only dreaming when I thought I got some.)

But how selfish is that? Am I willing, if it was somehow up to me if things are real or not (which I don't think it is, anyway), to make all things real just for my cat's sake and my art's sake, if making things real would mean the mass-suffering of billions of people?

------------------------------

No poem today! Yay!

------------------------------

Leroy

No comments: