Monday, May 17, 2010

Iridescent Black

Blog post # 73:

Three pictures made over the last 3 days:

Burning Colors Denied


Between Implication And Apparition


Lipids Made From Truth


-----------------------------

Okay, the recent poll closed.
And in a landslide, ALL THREE VOTES went to "To wrap an egg in a ribbon" for the definition of "thillop".

Let's review the original possible full definitions, shall we?

[From the Apr 23, 2010 issue, #64, "Polygonal".]

Which definition do you think "thillop" should have?

1) (Noun) A type of martial-arts move involving the elbows.
2) (Noun) An obscene gesture made by making a V with the fingers of both hands, and repeatedly forcing the cusps of the V's together so that the four fingers represent two people's legs during a sex act.
3) (Noun) A type of small space vessel used by the extraterrestrials who in the future will destroy all life on Earth.
4) (Verb) To wrap an egg in polyester ribbon.
5) (Noun) A type of "spiral" that starts on the outside, proceeds to near the center, but then ends in an intermediate region.

Funny how the only verb won. I kind of prefer nouns to verbs, myself. But that is just me.
:)

I think I will assign some of the other words that I had in the last poll to the other definitions.

1) (Noun) A type of martial-arts move involving the elbows.

I think that will be a "Rix".

2) (Noun) An obscene gesture made by making a V with the fingers of both hands, and repeatedly forcing the cusps of the V's together so that the four fingers represent two people's legs during a sex act.

I will call this a "Quune". (Just sounds dirty, huh?)

3) (Noun) A type of small space vessel used by the extraterrestrials who in the future will destroy all life on Earth.

A "Ryirty". Yes. "Ryirty Zirt" was the name of a video game I came up with a long time ago. It involved lots of little enemy space ships. So, I guess this applies.

5) (Noun) A type of "spiral" that starts on the outside, proceeds to near the center, but then ends in an intermediate region.

This is an "Ostimaxillus", I say.

And, the winner by popular demand:

4) (Verb) To wrap an egg in polyester ribbon.

To Thillop!

The egg, don't drop it.
Instead, just thillop it!

I was thinking originally that the accent should be on the first syllable of "thil-lop". But now I think it sounds cooler to have the accent on the second syllable, especially in the little rhyme above.

But I am depressed that there were only 3 votes. You people MUST do a better job of voting next time!

-----------------------------------

One political note: [Warning! Warning!]

With all the ultra-fascists that are leaders, especially these days it seems, I say what the world needs is...

FEWER FUHRERS!

(Sorry, Sarah. Politics is for adults, not for silly rabbits.)

------------------------------------

Okay, I have saved the "best" for last.

A poem! I wrote it yesterday. Sorry.

The Whirling Visions Of Consciousness
--------------------------------------

The whirling visions of consciousness, of
Iridescent black, they jut and thrust and
Still encircle such an annulus as themselves.
Oh, they smudge and blur these arpeggios
Beneath them. But again they erupt, prior to
Their ascension to be only a polyp, to be only
The one pustule of such a multilateral loop.

Yes, within that hole between their solitude,
A helix rises and is solely its protrusion.
And ribbons curve before this and behind
So as to encase the ring now ellipsoidal.

Imagined is that configuration of images and
Haphazard thoughts. But yet all is trite. Yet
All condenses into the distant sleep beyond us.
Yes, it all condenses into simplicity and its
Extrema, into the whirling words we dream of,
The very words implied by their inability to
Define Everything or Everything's apparitions
Of such circles, circles each amorphous, each
Introspective though despicably extraordinary.

----

Leroy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burning color Denied, defiantly my favorite out of the three. The poem had a nice little vibe, especially the first two lines. Why do you prefer Nouns over Verbs?

Amorphous Trapezoid said...

Thanks. I think I prefer nouns over verbs because I am lazy, and I was bad at sports as a kid. Maybe.