Monday, March 8, 2010

Antsy For Answers

Blog post # 51:

Let's cleanse our palate, shall we, of that last picture I posted to this blog.

Here are today's pictures. I made them yesterday and today.

Divergence Juxtaposed


Virtue Forgiven


-------------------------

Youz knows whats 'merica has!?

Free-dumb!

Yes, dumb is so cheap in 'merica, it is almost completely free.
And so, almost everyone here has it!

Spread the dumb around, peoples.
You asked for it!

--------------------------

And now a new segment:
Get To Know Your Blogger.

Well, peoples. (Still talking like that from the last segment.)
Let's interview Leroy himself.

Leroy, if you were one of the Spice Girls, which Spice Girl would you be?

Answer: Outer Spice, of course!

----------------------------

Today I am starting another segment too.

Email me or post a comment here with any math or science question you have, and I will try to answer it correctly here in the pages of this blog.

If you email me, my email address is:

q1qq2qqq3qqqq
(At)
yahoo
(Dot)
com


Take that, Marilyn Savant!

-----------------------------

Finally a poem. (Oh no!!)
I said to myself that as soon as I write a poem that is at all different from what I usually write, I will post it here.
(But you just posted a poem, Leroy! How dare you post another so soon!)

Notice how every other line is parenthetical.
(The parenthetical phrases as suppose to be at the end of each line. But since the margins in Blogger are so narrow, I have put some carriage-returns in, and made those phrases the even-numbered lines.)

Resolution
------------

Resolved underneath the bead,
(a droplet's scream)
There I was angry at my voice;
(an innocent knife)
There I scrawled such forgiveness
(calligraphy quieted)
For my own violent guilt.
(overcoming my triumph)
Then I sipped this depiction
(polygonal but geometric)
Of my wondrous humanness.
(conceit is artificial)
And I resolve now to transcend
(thus, I sleep)
These prayers of atrophy.
(never do we fade)
Yes, I resolve to revolve
(rotation is perfection)
Within the sad ellipsoid,
(it shames me)
Within these fears of impurity.
(imperfect is the night)
And we each succumb again
(to light's conformity)
To our waking meanderings.
(ever circumscribed)
Yes, we each impart upon ourselves
(and so, we thirst)
That asymmetric conjecture, yet.
(are we demanding?)
Are we asleep among our vindictiveness?
(yes)
Are we thus vindicated by our intuition?
(resolved)

-------------------------

Leroy

3 comments:

Cricket said...

Love the poem! i had to read it like a kazillion times, and i probably still butchered the meaning.
And nice tech looking art, like em.
-gigi

Amorphous Trapezoid said...

Gigi wrote this comment, which has disappeared for some reason:

Love the poem! i had to read it like a kazillion times, and i probably still butchered the meaning.
And nice tech looking art, like em.
-gigi

-----

Me: Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would be Kickboxing Spice.